Saturday, June 30, 2012

New Review: Magic Mike


I have been a lazy, lazy, blogger of late. Sorry 'bout that. I'm thinking I should expand into the occasional 'different subject matter' to keep myself inspired. But for now? Magic Mike.

Cutting to the chase:

1. Overall film: 2.5 out of 5 stars. 
2. Entertainment value: 3 to 3.5 stars.
3. Rotten Tomatoes website: 80% favorable with critics and with audiences. 

The Good 

1. Matthew McConaughey : Pulls off the sleazy, slightly too-old-to-still-be-stripping manager.
2. Channing Tatum: Not bad acting. Pretty touching in spots. Excellent dance moves. 
3. The Bodies: Yeah. These guys are a gay man's dream come true.
4. Filming: Cool. Especially the drugged-haze scene. Anyone know what that song was?

The Bad 

1. Script: Meh.
2. Plotline: Meh.

The Ugly

1. Kevin Nash of WWE fame. Blech.
2. Beware: this earned its "R" rating. Drugs and sex figure prominently. 

 Magic Mike definitely has its serious side, which I guess is okay, but I just wasn't much interested. I kept wanting to get back to the strip club. I would have enjoyed this more if it stayed on the lighter side. I was having a better time during the more humorous scenes.

So, the main question after a movie like Magic Mike is : Who's the hottest stripper?

Drrrrrum roll, please...

Well, as you can see from the photo I posted, there's no lack of physical perfection in this bunch. BUT, for me, Mr. McConaughey has the best bod. It's quite perfect. Not too big, not too small. Jusssssst right. But, Channing Tatum definitely has the best moves and the most appealing persona. 

And that, as they say, is a wrap! 


No comments:

Post a Comment